

Jake and I (this is Aaron writing) went fishing tonight, out at Wilson Ponds, about 4 minutes from home. After only about 5 minutes of casting and reeling (I don't think Jake even understood that he might actually catch a fish in the process), Jake hooked the bass in the cell phone photos above, and reeled the poor guy in. He loved it. As I was reaching into the water to pull it out, he yelled, "I caught a shark! I caught a shark!" Then, when I held it up to show him his spoils, he reached out and petted it gently and said, "woooow," and then, in the ultimate showing of respect for a hunter's prey, he shoved all four of his fingers into his mouth (don't ask me why on that one...) and said "mmmmm."
Unfortunately, I didn't think we'd catch anything, and only brought the one lure. On the very next cast, we (I) snagged it on a low-lying branch overhead, and ended up breaking the line. Anyway, it was still fun, and afterwards, we fed Jake's snack (some peanut butter crackers) to some ducks that were congregating around us (see the short cell phone video above, too). It was a good time!
2 comments:
Wow, that's impressive Jake! That's so funny he called it a shark!
It's so fun to hear his cute voice. He had a good time!
Post a Comment