Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Recipe

I am looking for a pasta salad recipe. Does anyone have a good one they wouldn't mind sharing? I would really appreicate it. Thanks!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Here's one that I actually got from Shaneens' sister when we lived in Houston.
Mediterranean Pasta Salad:
*12 oz.Rotini pasta (corkscrew pasta) cooked and drained
*1 each green, red & yellow peppers, halved & cut in thin strips
*1 med. tomatoe, cut in thin wedges
1/2 C sunflower seeds
*1/2 C ripe black olives
*8 oz. feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
*1/4 tsp. dried oregano, crushed

Parmesan Basil Vinaigrette
*2/3 Cup olive oil
3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
*1/4 C fresh basil chopped
*2 TBSP green onions, chopped
*2 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
1 1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

to make dressing, combine oil, vinegar, 2 TBSP basil, onions, cheese, salt & pepper in blender until smooth. In large bowl, place pasta, peppers, tomatoes, nuts and olives. Pour dressing over pasta mix and toss to coat. In zip lock bag, coat feta cheese with remaining 2 TBSP basil. Add to salad; sprinkle with oregano. Serve at room temp.
You can also add grilled chicken sliced thin
I have used basil from the jar instead of fresh basil as well.

Lisa Pickup said...

also look at recipezaar.com

I do a farro salad if you want something besides pasta? Maybe next time?

Melanie said...

Hey Marcia,

Mine is very easy...you use whatever kind of pasta you'd like and then you throw in...a can of olives, a can of artichoke hearts, a can of marinated mushrooms and mix with italian dressing. It is really good and fast and easy.