Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Weekend


We tackled a huge project this past weekend. We have been wanting to buy a swing set this Spring and have been having the hardest time finding a store with them in stock. I guess everyone else in Idaho wanted a swing set too. So anyway, I finally found a Wal-mart that had 2 swing sets in stock. So our Saturday was spent putting together our new swing set. And of course it was the hottest day of the year. It was 94 degrees! Aaron did such a great job putting it together. The boys love the end result and I am sure we will get tons of use out of it.
I thought it was so funny when Jake started playing on the slide before it was all put together.

I tried to take a picture all of the wood, but I couldn't capture it in one picture. There was tons of wood, screws, bolts, washers, and all the plastic accessories.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will love having a swing set. You can send Jake outside to get all his energy out and then he will take a long nap!

Mindy said...

I love those wooden swing sets! This summer will be great for you!

Nykreim said...

We are looking for a set too, but can't find anything worth the money. Of course I really want the one at Sam's but don't want to spend $1200!! So call me and tell me about this one, I don't think our Walmart had anything that looked that nice.
Have fun!

Nykreim said...

I was just looking at the pics again, and Aaron looks like a skinny man! Are you still running? Wow! You look great!

Ku'ulei said...

WOW! Swing sets are a HUGE project. Now you have the option of going out to the parks or just going to the park in your backyard! I bet your boys are loving it!

Lisa Pickup said...

that is so fun. I have to say I am so glad chris like to do things like build and work on projects like that. I would just go to the park. hope your well

xoxoxo

Melanie said...

Hey Marcia,

That reminds me of when we went hunting for our swing set. We got it at Costco and nobody had any. I was in tears trying to find one.

Your kids would love camping! We went the first time when my kids were probably about the same age as yours. Tyler was probably alittle younger than Jake. And then we went again when Lindsey was 9 months old. And now we pretty much go at least twice a year. We finally have everything we need. It so nice to get away from the hussle of life. It forces you to sit back, relax, eat lots of junk food. You'll be glad you did it. Its a lot of work getting ready but, its really worth it.

Sarah said...

I never commented on this but I love it and totally want a swing set like that for our yard!