Wow... it turned out AWESOME! Was it a ton of work? I'm thinking of painting our kitchen cabinets, but I'm intimidated by all the sanding and prep work.
It's gorgeous!! Awesome job! My mom has this really old china hutch that was my great-grandmother's that she is giving me that I want to do the same exact thing to, but just the thought of it scares me. :) Did it take you a long time?
It really wasn't that bad. I just lightly sanded it and then had to do 2 coats of black eggshell paint. I decided to sand the edges and give it a shabby chic look. I also replaced the knobs and handles too.
Brianne, my mom just stained her kitchen cabinets and it was pretty easy. She just lightly sanded them and then applied gel stain. I guess gel stain is a lot easier than regular stain because I don't think you have to wipe it off.
Wow ...great job. I am always wanting to do something like this but scared b/c I don't want it to look like I did it...I want it to look nice like I might have bought it that way. Yours looks awesome. Good job!
7 comments:
Wow... it turned out AWESOME! Was it a ton of work? I'm thinking of painting our kitchen cabinets, but I'm intimidated by all the sanding and prep work.
It's gorgeous!! Awesome job! My mom has this really old china hutch that was my great-grandmother's that she is giving me that I want to do the same exact thing to, but just the thought of it scares me. :) Did it take you a long time?
Thanks guys!
It really wasn't that bad. I just lightly sanded it and then had to do 2 coats of black eggshell paint. I decided to sand the edges and give it a shabby chic look. I also replaced the knobs and handles too.
Brianne, my mom just stained her kitchen cabinets and it was pretty easy. She just lightly sanded them and then applied gel stain. I guess gel stain is a lot easier than regular stain because I don't think you have to wipe it off.
can you do a table with black eggshell paint? I want to paint the table and chairs from your parents black, but I don't really know where to start!
it looks amazing by the way, I LOVE it!
Wow ...great job. I am always wanting to do something like this but scared b/c I don't want it to look like I did it...I want it to look nice like I might have bought it that way. Yours looks awesome. Good job!
looks great. I love this kind of stuff. I am thinking of redoing a few things of ours. thanks for posting!
Post a Comment