Thursday, July 05, 2007

Big Ol' Update

I have been meaning to post more about our trip to Texas, but I just haven't had a chance to. We had such a great trip, it has been hard getting back to normal life here at home. While in Texas we went swimming several times and played at the spray park. We went out to eat at Italian Villa, Spring Creek BBQ, and La Madeline's. We went shopping at the outlet mall and Ikea. I had never been to Ikea before, and I loved it! Aaron and my dad went golfing and to a Rangers game. My mom and I went and had pedicures and manicures. We got a babysitter one night and all went to the movies. This was a big deal for me since we never go to the movies and when we do it is the dollar movie and to go see a cartoon. We went to the Ft Worth zoo, which was great. Jake loved it. We saw so many animals. We went to the farmer's market in downtown Dallas. We picked up tomatoes, new potatoes, green beans, peaches, blackberries, and corn on the cob. My mom made a blackberry cobbler and we ate it with blue bell vanilla ice cream! I wasn't able to see everyone I wanted to while we were down there and was hoping to have a blogger get-together at the park when we come in September when Brian gets married, but plans have changed. Brian and Stefanie have decided to get married in Salt Lake instead of Dallas. Which will be great. But I am a little disappointed that we won't be coming back for a visit in September. But it is much easier for us to get to Utah then all the way to Texas.

Austin had his 6 month check-up last week and is doing great. He had 2 shots and hardly even cried. He weighs 20 pounds 1 ounce! I am not at all surprised, I carry that baby around all day, I knew he was heavy. Austin is such a happy guy. He has learned how to roll all over the place and is really close to sitting up by himself. He loves rice cereal and all different kinds of veggies. I am hoping that he is not going to be a picky eater like Jake. I can't believe how fast the last 6 months have gone by.

Jake is doing well too. He still isn't potty trained, but I have not been too worried about it. In April I tried putting him in pull-ups and taking him to the potty every 20 minutes and we never had any success. So I decided to wait a little longer. I am thinking that we need to try again this month. So hopefully it goes well. I am ready to be done changing his diapers! Jake had his speech evaluated last week. They said that he had a slight delay and they thought that he doesn't really use verbs. So I was all set to send him to speech therapy each week, but I just found out that our health insurance doesn't cover speech therapy! So I am hoping that he gets into a speech program through the school district which would be free. He is set to be tested in August. Jake also starts swimming lessons in a couple of weeks and I now that he is going to love it. He loves to go to the pool.

This turned out to be a really big post. Hopefully I didn't put anyone to sleep! I will post new pictures soon!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey Marcia,
It was nice to read your update! Your new pictures on side are super cute! I heard they had moved the wedding to Utah. Maybe a little easier for everyone to get too.

I wouldn't worry about the potty training either. I think your first one is always the hardest for some reason. Tyler was not completely potty trained (with every thing) until he was 4....I had 2 in diapers for over a year too. Ugh! One would poop, they both would poop!

Lot of love, Melanie

-Laura- said...

Oh man! I'm so sad you won't be down here again in September. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to make it up to Idaho sometime, right? Your family and kids' pictures are adorable! I love them!

That's great that Austin is doing so well, I just love big babies! Good luck with the potty training. My only advice is don't stress about it too much. He's still young and he'll probably pick it up really easily once he wants to.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had so much fun! I love that there is soooo much to do in the DFW area (we don't get that in Bosie or Amarillo:) do we) I wish I could have seen you. I love you wedding pictures too! Happy late Anniversary!