Friday, December 28, 2007
1 year ago
On December 28, 2006, Aaron and I checked in the hospital at 7:30. We filled out all the paper work and I changed into my hospital gown and got all hooked up to the monitors. A little before 9:00 am Dr Rudeen come in and broke my water. Aaron and I started walking the halls of the hospital. At this point my contractions were about 4 to 5 minutes apart. After an hour of walking we back to the room to rest. I was still doing okay with the contractions, but the nurse said the anesthesiologist was available now if I wanted my epidural. If I waited he may not be available right away. So I decided to have my epidural. I was glad I did, it still took the anesthesiologist 45 minutes before he came to my room. By then I was really ready to be more comfortable. I was really comfortable for a while then around 2:30 I was really starting to feel the contractions again. I told the nurse and she checked me. To my surprise I was fully dilated. The nurse went and called the doctor. The doctor got there and after 10 minutes of pushing Austin was born at 3:03 in the afternoon. I couldn't believe how much shorter this delivery went. Aaron and I were just so happy to see our new little boy. It was such an amazing day! It is hard to believe that our little Austin is already turning one! I love him so much!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow I didn't remember him being born the day after Christmas. (That's Anthony's b-day too) Happy Birthday Austin!
Wow, that WAS a fast delivery! Wasn't it so much better the second time? Happy Birthday Cute Boy!!!
Post a Comment