Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Oh boy!

Jake was quiet the handful this past weekend. It all started out Friday night when he was in the tub and decided to dump buckets of water onto the floor. You may ask where his parents were . We were just a couple feet away in the living room visiting with Aaron's parents. We heard splashing from Jake but thought that was pretty normal. When Aaron went to check on him the bathroom floor was covered with water and so was the hallway carpet. We used all of our towels to clean up the mess and then had a fan on the carpet for 2 days. Saturday was a much better day. I took Jake to get his haircut and to my surprise he was so good. Jake hates getting his haircut and throws a huge fit every time. I couldn't believe it. This time he sat in the chair so still and behaved. It was a miracle. And his haircut looks pretty cute too! Sunday morning went okay. Aaron had a couple of meetings and I was trying to finish preparing my gospel doctrine lesson. Jake was into his normal trouble. I think he broke couple of ornaments off the tree. Everything else went okay till we made it to church. Jake and I were walking in during the opening song and trying to find a seat. I wasn't holding onto Jake's hand, which ending up being a mistake. All of the sudden he took off to the front of the chapel. I did not want to chase him, because I knew that we would end up running in circles. I was so embarrassed. I tried catching him, but I was not having any success. Finally someone stopped him so I could catch up with him. I took him straight out in the hall so we could have a "little talk". I was so just so frustrated and embarrassed. Jake can be such a handful, but he is also such a sweet boy. I love him so much, even though he can drive me crazy. I think being the mother of a 3 1/2 year old boy is exhausting!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

I feel your pain! Boys are so sweet but, so full of mischief!

I always ask Lindsey not to get water on the floor when she is taking a bath but, somehow the floor is always wet.

Mindy said...

Wow, that stinks about the carpet! I've given my boys haircuts since Colin started needing them. When Cameron was about Jakes' age he started not wanting us to do it. So, we decided to not fight that and take him to the salon. Well, when daddy, Colin and Cameron go at the same time it adds up. So to save money we've once again resorted back to the 'at home haircuts'. He'll just have to deal with it! we'll see how the next one goes! hang in there.

Brianne said...

BOYS! It is exhausting isn't it? Hope things settle down a bit for you!

Emily said...

Oh those boys... they just know what NOT to do sometimes. Right?!

Crystal said...

Oh no!! Something for me to "look forward" too??