Sunday, April 29, 2007

Time for an update!

I feel like I have been terrible at updating my blog. It seems that I never get on the computer and when I do I am holding Austin and I can't really type with one hand. Someone called our house at around 7 and I can't go back to sleep. Both boys are still sleeping, so I can finally get on the computer.

Everything is going good here. My tooth is feeling all better, which I am so grateful for. Austin is doing great. He is sleeping good at night and is such a happy little guy. He still hasn't rolled over, but I am not too concerned. Jake didn't roll over till 6 months. Austin is now 4 months old and I think he weighs around 18 pounds. He has checkup on Tuesday so I will find out for sure. The weather is warming up and Jake is loving being outside. I just love that we have a fenced yard to keep him trapped in. Jake has really been fighting his naps, so I moved up his bed time from 8 to 7. I still put him in his room for quiet time, but it doesn't seem to stay very quiet! I am just not ready to give up on him napping. I said a while back that we were going to start potty training on April 1st and that didn't happen. I have been putting it off. I think he is more ready than I am. So hopefully by May 1st we will have started the process. I have been reading some books and getting some good ideas, so hopefully we will have some success.

We bought tickets a couple of weeks ago to go to Texas for a visit in June. I am so excited! I am counting down the days. I haven't been home for a visit in 2 years. Hopefully the boys will be good travelers. I wish it was a straight through flight. We have to change planes in Denver. It is impossible to get a direct flight out of Boise.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the update! Please let me know when you are here if you have time. I would LOVE to see you and your handsome boys! I'm excited for you to be able to come visit!

I hope your tooth continues to get better!

good luck with potty training. Kathryn still doesn't seem that ready to me, so we haven't started yet either.

-Laura- said...

Me too, me too!! I want to see you too! I can't wait to see cute Jake again and meet sweet little Austin. Glad your tooth is getting better, that did NOT sound like fun. That's great that Jake sounds so ready for potty training, I'm sure he'll make it easy on you. Good luck and I am so excited that you're coming this summer!

Melanie said...

Hey there, Glad to hear your tooth is feeling better! It is always a bummer when they give up their naps! or try too I should say.

Emily said...

So sorry to hear about your toothache. I am glad you got it taken care of! Thanks for your post, can't wait until I can read your story on Sunday.

Seable Family said...

Laura and Sarah lets for sure get together while I am in Texas. I can't wait to see you guys and your cute kids!